Robin Horton is at the forefront of laser dentistry in the UK and Wayside Dental Practice is one of the few practices in the UK to have hard/soft tissue lasers. Robin and Amit both have this type of laser which is highly versatile and can be used in almost every aspect of dentistry-
- Fillings – The Waterlase can be used to place fillings without any need for anesthesia or drilling, meaning they are pain free and you won’t feel any numbness afterwards.
- Root canal treatment – The laser can be used to remove and sterilise the infection, allowing for faster healing time.
- Gum disease – The laser can reach areas that other dental instruments can’t. It also stimulates bone and tissue growth around the area.
- Dental Implants – The use of the Waterlase laser is extremely beneficial in the placement of dental implants:
- It allows the implant site to be prepared with minimal trauma to the surrounding tissue as it is very precise-it is accurate to one tenth of a millimetre.
- There is minimal bleeding and often no need for stitches.
- Laser surgery dramatically reduces or eliminates inflammatory response, so there is much less discomfort following surgery.
- Lasers sterilise as they work so virtually eliminate the problem of infection.
- Lasers also promote healing of hard and soft tissue.
- There is nothing else to match it in surgical procedures.